Thursday, November 03, 2005

Here is the Whistling guardian, a gift from my Oma. If anyone attempts to enter the garden paradise he wolf whistles at them. Yes it is silly, but I think it will scare the bejeezers out of them LOL

The lettuces, cucumbers and beetrots are all growing really well!. Can you see the baby greek basil plants? I have intersperesed them through the guarden!

I am sooo excite about the parcel that Amy is sending me, it will have something for the garden :) I am going to die of anticipation!


In My last post do you remember how I said I wanted a bay tree? Well, look what Casey's mum brought for me!
It is a beauty. She only bought a baby one, but repotted it for me and it has already started to grow, look at all thos new sprouts! I think I will wait awhile before I start to harvest leaves from it, as it will last me my lifetime if I look after it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Gifts for (and from) the garden are the best! Wishing you good growing. : )

2:23 AM  
Blogger ScaryShari said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:29 PM  
Blogger ScaryShari said...

Hi Clare! :) This is Shari from California, also known as Scary Shari. You've probably seen my comments under this name in the blog of my longtime friend Milgwimper (of 'Some Like It Hot'). My blog is called 'Meandering Missive' and it's here on Blogger, tho I don't know if you've ever seen it.

I've periodically looked at your 'Eat Stuff' blog and really enjoy it. However, I only just today discovered your 'Plant Stuff' blog! Since I'm much more into gardening/horticulture than cooking/food (tho I LOVE to eat!), I thought I might include 'Plant Stuff' in my list of favourite blogs. That is, if you plan to maintain it. ;) You seem to be off to a good and enthusiastic start! I'd love to swap garden info and tips with you. Heck, maybe even seeds! I come with good references -- just ask Milly! (heehee)

Happy day and type to you soon,
Shari

P.S. Your baby bay looks great!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in S. Texas, and planted
a bay tree behind my house in the
ground a few years ago. It is now
a monster, higher than the first
story, and plenty wide. Your photo
is very attractive, but go ahead
and put it into the ground. There
will be plenty for everyone you know, and more. -- Melba

5:11 PM  
Blogger eat stuff said...

Hi Melba

I wish I live somewhere I could plant it out. If I do I will have to leave it behind when I leave *sigh*

There is nothing like a huge bay tree!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home